Re-Opening and COVID-19 Information
Dr. Polis and the entire staff are here to help you, starting May 25. We are happy to be back, to be seeing you, and to be able to practice our profession in the best way we know how. We’ve reopened our practice in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment.
We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Our team has had additional training to ensure our processes meet or exceed sanitation and sterilization standards of care, and we have elevated our infection control procedures in response to this time of global concern. You can visit our practice with confidence, knowing we are taking additional measures to provide for the safety of our patients and our team:
- Elevated infection control standards including the thorough sterilization and disinfection of treatment rooms and instruments between each patient. See our new procedures here.
- Continued social distancing practices — Once you check in for your appointment, please wait outside the office and we will text or call to let you know the team is ready to begin your appointment.
- Preemptive screenings – All patients and staff members will be screened and have temperatures taken upon arrival. Patients will be asked to complete additional health history information.
- Adherence to standard sterile healthcare environment protocols including hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, masks, face shields, eyewear), respiratory hygiene, sharps safety, safe injection practices (when applicable), sterile instruments and devices, and clean and disinfected environmental surfaces and common areas.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask to their appointment if possible.
Prior to your appointment, you will be asked a few pre-screening questions regarding any COVID-19 symptoms or contact you may have had. Please let us know if there have been any recent changes to your health.
- You or a member of your household have experienced flu-like symptoms, including fever, in the last 14 days;
- You or a member of your household has experienced respiratory problems, such as a cough or difficulty breathing in the last 14 days;
- You or a member of your household has experienced a recent loss of taste or smell in the last 14 days;
- You or a member of your household has come in contact with someone who has had a confirmed infection of COVID-19 in the last 14 days;
- You or a member of your household has traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus;
- You or a member of your household has come in contact with people in a neighborhood with recent documented fever or respiratory problems in last 14 days.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
WELCOME TO FAMILY FRIENDLY DENTAL
Family Friendly Dental is always welcoming new patients and we would love to have you as part of our dental family. Please explore our web site to learn more about us. You can find information about our staff, our office, and the procedures and services that we offer.
If you have any questions please call us. We love hearing from our patients and anyone who may be interested in becoming one.